Early bird entries into a race I volunteered at in 2016, 2017 and 2018 – the 10k MoRun in Sutton Park, Birmingham – are now available. Although I enjoyed volunteering and seeing people earn their MoRunning medals, I experienced some serious race and medal envy. It was definitely a case of race and medal #FOMOI’m looking forward to running the 10k on November 16th and earning myself a unique 10th-anniversary MoRunning medal.
It’s not just about the medal. Taking part in the 10k MoRun in Sutton Park also means that I’ll be supporting and raising awareness of an amazing charity; the Movember Foundation.
What is the Movember Foundation?
MoRunning has supported The Movember Foundation since 2009 raising funds and awareness for the work they carry out. The Movember Foundation is the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, all year round. The Foundation is addressing some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention.
The Movember Foundation knows what works for men, and how to find and to fund the most innovative research to have both a global and local impact. The Foundation is independent of government funding, so it can challenge the status quo and invest quicker in what works. In 13 years the Foundation has funded more than 1200 men’s health projects around the world.
By 2030 the Movember Foundation will reduce the number of men dying prematurely by 25%.
Take part in a MoRunning event this year
2019 is the 10th year anniversary of the launch of MoRunning. The organisers would love you to join them for this incredible celebration of MoRuns supporting the Movember Foundation.I think it’s safe to say that 2019 is going to be a massive year for MoRunning!
With 24 confirmed locations to date, Mini MoRuns for a third year and the option of virtual MoRunning, there will be an incredible month of MoRuns. There’s bound to be a race near you.
- Aberdeen 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Hazlehead Park – 09:30am
- Perth 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – North Inch – 09:30am
- Newcastle 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Exhibition Park – 01:20pm
- Edinburgh 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Holyrood Park – 09:30am
- Cardiff 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Bute Park – 09:30am
- York 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – York Racecourse – 10:30am
- Swansea 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Singleton Park – 10:30am
- Glasgow 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Glasgow Green – 10:30am
- Peterborough 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Nene Park – 10:30am
- Bristol 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Ashton Court – 10:30am
- Liverpool 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun Croxteth Park 09:30am
- Poole 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun Upton Country Park 09:30am
- Birmingham 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun Sutton Park 09:30am
- Southampton 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun MoRun – Southampton Common – 09:30am
- Nottingham 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Wollaton Park – 09:30am
- Milton Keynes 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Campbell Park – 09:30am
- Manchester 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Heaton Park – 09:30am
- Blackpool 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Herons Reach – 09:30am
- Ipswich 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Chantry Park – 09:30am
- Dublin 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Phoenix Park – 09:30am
- Leeds 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Roundhay Park – 09:30am
- Whitstable & Herne Bay 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Hampton Pier – 09:30am
- Belfast 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Stormont Park – 09:30am
- London 5k, 10k & kids 1.5k MoRun – Greenwich Park – 09:30am
Virtual Race November 1st to November 29th
Once again, there is also the option of taking part in a Virtual Race. Be part of MoRunning 2019 and take part in a virtual 5k, 10k or kids 1.5k MoRun supporting the Movember Foundation.
You can find out everything you need to know about the 2019 series of MoRuns here.
2019 MoRunning pricing
Early bird (July 1st – September 15th)
- Mini MoRun – £13.20
- 5k MoRun – £18.15
- 10k MoRun – £22.00
- Virtual MoRun – £13.20
Standard (September 16th – November 28th)
- Mini MoRun – £13.20
- 5k MoRun – £22.00
- 10k MoRun – £24.20
- Virtual MoRun – £13.20
Prices including online booking fees.
**10% Discount Code – MoRun19_Followers**
- Race chip timing and instant race results
- Brand new exclusive MoRunning Medal to add to your collection!
- MoRunning Headband
- MoRunning BUFF
- Legend and Superhero medals for best fancy dress and legends of MoRunning
- Discount of 10% for groups of 4 or more registering the same distance (code for booking MR19-TeamEntry)
- Yellow Winners Jersey for 1st male and female in the 5k and 10k events as well as a Champion medal and free entry to 2020
- Professional photos to view and purchase (you can pre-order ahead of your race and save over 60% on the standard price)
- 10% discount voucher code for online purchases from Up and Running
- 10% discount voucher for any Go Ape site
Mini MoRunners* Receive
- Free super cool Mini Mo T-Shirt
- MoRunning headband
- Free MoRunning Buff
- Mo Medal
- Champion medal for 1st boy and girl
- Yazoo Drink
- Loads of high fives
* Please note that it is the responsibility of parents to ensure children are able to run the Mini MoRun unaccompanied. If required one parent can run with Mini MoRunners free of charge.I’m already looking forward to taking part in my local MoRun in Sutton Park November. Hopefully, it will be a case of fourth time lucky. I’ve already talked some of my running friends into entering; it would be awesome to meet some of you there.
Could you run a 5k or 10k for The Movember Foundation this November?
For loads more information and to sign up please click here.
For more information about the Movember Foundation please click here.
The Movember Foundation is a Registered Charity No.1137948 (England/Wales) SC041981 (Scotland)
**Full disclosure: This post is written in collaboration with MoRunning. All photographs were taken from MoRunning’s website**