Early bird entries into a race I volunteered at in 2016 and 2017 – the 10k MoRun in Sutton Park, Birmingham – opened at the beginning of the month. While I really enjoyed volunteering, I experienced some serious race and medal envy. I’m looking forward to running the 10k this November, and earning myself a unique MoRunning medal.
Taking part in the 10k MoRun in Sutton Park also means that I’ll be supporting and raising awareness of an amazing charity; the Movember Foundation.
What is the Movember Foundation?
MoRunning supports The Movember Foundation – the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, all year round. The Movember Foundation addresses some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention.
The Movember Foundation knows what works for men, and how to find and to find the most innovative research to have an impact both globally and locally. The Foundation is independent of government funding, so it can challenge the status quo and invest faster in what works. In 13 years the Foundation has funded more than 1200 men’s health projects around the world.
The Movember Foundation has one goal; to stop men dying too young.
Take part in a MoRunning event this year
2018 is going to be a massive year for MoRunning!
With 22 confirmed locations to date, Mini MoRuns for a second year and the addition of virtual MoRunning, there will be an incredible month of MoRuns across the UK and Ireland. There’s sure to be a race near you.
- The Leeds 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Temple Newsam – 09:30am
- The Aberdeen 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Hazlehead Park – 09:30am
- The Perth 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – North Inch – 09:30am
- The Newcastle 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Exhibition Park – 01:30pm
- The Brighton & Hove 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Western Lawns – 09:30am
- The Edinburgh 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Holyrood Park – 09:30am
- The Cardiff 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Bute Park – 09:30am
- The Bristol 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Ashton Court – 10:30am
- The London Battersea Park 5k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Battersea Park – 10:30am
- The Glasgow 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Glasgow Green – 10:30am
- The Liverpool 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Croxteth Park – 09:30am
- The Exeter 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Exeter – 09:30am
- The Birmingham 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Sutton Park – 09:30am
- The Southampton 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Southampton Common – 09:30am
- The Manchester 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Heaton Park – 09:30am
- The Nottingham 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Wollaton Park – 09:30am
- The Milton Keynes 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Campbell Park – 09:30am
- The Dublin 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Phoenix Park- 09:30am
- The Ipswich 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Chantry Park – 09:30am
- The Whitstable 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Whitstable – 09:30am
- The London Greenwich Park 10k and 1.5k kids MoRun – Greenwich Park – 09:30am
- The Belfast 5k, 10k and kids 1.5k MoRun – Stormont Park- 09:30am
Virtual Race November 1st to November 29th
This year there is also the option of taking part in a Virtual Race. Be part of MoRunning 2018 and take part in virtual 5k, 10k or kids 1.5k MoRun.
You can find out everything you need to know about the 2018 series of MoRuns here.
MoRunning 2018 Pricing
- 5k (Early bird) – £16.00
- 5k (Standard) – £18.00
- 5k (On the Day) – £20.00
- 10k (Early bird) – £19.00
- 10k (Standard) – £22.00
- 10k (On the Day) – £25.00
- Mini MoRun (Standard) – £10.00*
- Virtual MoRunning – £12 (runners receive a medal and headband on completion)
*Mini MoRun entry price includes Mini MoRunning technical t-shirt.
- Training plans and support from The Running Bug
- Race chip timing and instant race results
- MoRunning medal
- Legend and Superhero medals for best fancy dress and legends of MoRunning
- Discount for groups of four or more of 10% (Find out more about how to register a team)
- MoRunning Headband
- Yellow Winners Jersey for 1st male and female in the 5k and 10k events as well as a Champion medal and free entry to 2019
- Professional photos to view and purchase
- 15% discount voucher code for online purchases from Up and Running
Mini MoRunners* Receive
- Free super cool Mini Mo T-Shirt
- MoRunning headband
- Mo Medal
- Yazoo Drink
- Loads of high fives
* Please note that it is the responsibility of parents to ensure children are able to run the Mini MoRun unaccompanied. If required, one parent can run with Mini MoRunners free of charge.
So run hard, run fast, have fun and enjoy being part of something special.
I’m aware that I’m repeating myself, but I’m already looking forward to taking part in my local MoRun in November. I’ve already talked a couple of my running friends into entering; it would be awesome to meet some of you there.
Could you run a 5k or 10k for The Movember Foundation?
For loads more information and to sign up please click here.
For more information about the Movember Foundation please click here.
The Movember Foundation is a Registered Charity No.1137948 (England/Wales) SC041981 (Scotland)
**Full disclosure: This post is written in collaboration with MoRunning**